Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Tibet > Tibet Postmarks and Postal History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1960 Cover from Lhasa to Nepal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkshirelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1960 Cover from Lhasa to Nepal
    Posted: 05 October 2021 at 10:57pm
My friend asked me if I new anything about this cover and I have to admit I don't. It looks like it sold at some point in time from Michael Rogers. Is any one familiar with this cover and does the flag marking on the back have any meaning?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers,
Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2021 at 8:49am

Looks like a philatelic cover to me and the flag marking on reverse i believe is a private senders sign. "DK", same like the letters in the name of the sender/recipient of the cover.

Yorkshirelad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkshirelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2021 at 5:24pm
Rainer,

Thanks for the info. That is what I was thinking but he wanted a different opinion.

Cheers,
Eddie
Cheers,
gemtree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2021 at 4:41am
The flag logo on the back reminds me of the Nepalese traders' marks often drawn on earlier Tibet/Nepal covers.  Could this be a modern version of mail sent by a Nepalese merchant operating in Tibet? 
gemtree
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic