Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Tibet > Tibet Postmarks and Postal History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Good To Be True !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Lion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Good To Be True !
    Posted: 06 November 2015 at 5:11pm

Some months ago, there were presented on e-bay two rather rare items. One is a KHAMBA JONG cancel(Hellrigl type B1)on loose stamp.
The other one, also on loose stamp, is a Tibet Typewrittenl Unofficial Provisional. This one is favourably quoted in Haverbeck and Waterfall, but not so much in D.S. Virk !
They are illustrated here:

[Due to my complete disability at mastering informatics, I cannot attach the pictures right now, but I am sending them by e-mail to Rainer, and he will add those afterwards !!!] (Done with pleasure. Rainer !)

These items were proposed at a rather low starting price, so:
- If genuine, the sellers did not know what they were selling!(although there are instances of very low starting prices for genuine rare items fetching incredible winning bids - see, for exemple, in this forum, the covers with 1924 Everest labels-) [and, what happens if there is only one bidder/winner at starting price ?] Great disppointment ?
- Otherwise,they perfectly well knew they were selling (clever) fakes! And therefore were satisfied whatever the price obtained.

It happend that I got both those items at a rather fair price, not being unduly overbid. Perhaps significant that the collectors community did not consider those items as really genuine, and therefore, nor worth buying at an inconceivable bid/price !

Well, what do you think about these items in particular, and the induced thoughts?
I will read with pleasure your comments. Best !

Edited by administrator - 07 November 2015 at 8:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic