Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Nepal > Nepal Postmarks and Postal History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nepalese Pre-Postal History

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herbert Mailänder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nepalese Pre-Postal History
    Posted: 05 November 2014 at 12:29pm
Nepalese Pre-Postal History

If I am even sure that Ed Gosnell's homepage “nepalstamps.com” is certainly well known to all, I would like to direct our particular attention to his recent pre-postal work. The pre-philately is certainly one of the most fascinating parts of our hobby but at the same time also one of the most difficult. The pre-philately requires a Collector of greater cultural sensitivity and with a profound historical knowledge.

Ed Gosell is definitely one of the most competent personalities for this venture and it is a great pleasure to read his pages, which illuminate the historical proportions of the letters in a hitherto never seen before thoroughness.

Herbert Mailänder

gandarva View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gandarva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2014 at 3:34pm
Dear Herbert,

I agree with you, Ed's knowledge is outstanding. His website is a compendium of interesting informations.

Yes, the pre-philately certainly is fascinating, though sometimes difficult or expensive to obtain. But, if you have the knowledge, you may get a fine item low priced. So, good luck to all of us!

Johannes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic