Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Nepal > Pashupati Issues
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mixed frankings between the four Pashupati issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mixed frankings between the four Pashupati issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herbert Mailänder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mixed frankings between the four Pashupati issues
    Posted: 08 October 2014 at 10:51pm

MIXED FRANKINGS BETWEEN THE FOUR PASHUPATI STAMP ISSUES

The currently times are very favorable for Pashupati collectors because much and sometimes very interesting material is offered. Although my collector's interest is directed strictly to the postal history of the Pashupati Era, I've always tried - when the opportunity was given - to prefer covers which also represent an interesting combination between the four Pashupati stamp issues.

The mentioned favorable circumstances have allowed to complete a small overview of the basic mixing variants between the Pashupati issues:

1th and 2th issue:

Although I have never made an attempt to statistics, it seems to me that mixings between the 1th and 2th issue are somewhat rare. I could imagine that an assumption of 20-30 existing covers should be realistic.

2th and 3th issue:

Also this category - probably for the involvement of the short-lived 2th issue - is quite rare. Like for the former category, I believe that a hypothesis of about 20-30 existing covers could be accurate.

3th and native 4th issue:

The mixing between the last two Pashupati issues does not seem to be rare. That which appears in this category to be less common are the twin combinations between stamps of the same value.

Little "champions", sportingly spoken, appear to be in this game of mixed frankings these variants:

The combination of the first and the last issue, with jump of all intermediate issues, tends an arc between the two extreme points of the Pashupati Era .

The already by Dick van der Wateren in "NEPAL POSTAL STATIONERY" (page 62, 64) described only known usage of an stamp of the 1th issue on an agreenments postcard.

Stamps of the 2th, 3th and (native) 4th issue all combined on the same cover. The absolute champion would, of course, be a cover with the union of all four Pashupati issues but I have never heard or seen of the existence of such a letter.

I would greatly appreciate any correction, comment or additional information about the theme,

Herbert Mailänder

Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2014 at 6:58am

Dear Herbert,

a wonderful presentation f the various printings. Please continue. I  agree, the current time is good for collectors of Pashupati collectors, nevertheless, it seems the collectors are not encouraged by that. When I am back home i will look thru my holdings, maybe i can show some additional ones.

Herbert Mailänder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herbert Mailänder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2014 at 6:54pm
Dear Rainer,

... thanks for your encouraging words.

Herbert Mailänder

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic