Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Tibet > Tibet Postmarks and Postal History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Digitized Collection of Tibetan Seals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herbert Mailänder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Digitized Collection of Tibetan Seals
    Posted: 24 February 2014 at 6:43pm
Recently I noticed that the University of Bonn (Germany) has digitized its own archive of Tibetan documents including a collection of more than 1.000 seals starting from 14th century to the more modern times of the last century.  The collection also considers some seals of Nepalese traders operating in Tibet. 

Not being sure if the members of the forum are already familiar with this collection of seals, nonetheless I would report - even at the risk of doing something  of unnecessary - the corresponding web address:                    http://www.dtab.uni-bonn.de/tibdoc/index1.htm

Herbert Mailänder
Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2014 at 6:52pm

Herbert,

I am aware of that site and used the site previously for some Research. Unfortunately, the collection and presentation I find "highly scientific"... and very difficult to use for Research.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic