Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Tibet > Issue 1933
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1933 issue, 4 Tr. perforated, used in LHASA only?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1933 issue, 4 Tr. perforated, used in LHASA only?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1933 issue, 4 Tr. perforated, used in LHASA only?
    Posted: 21 October 2012 at 9:00am

Over the years I have accumulated images of covers franked with the 4 tr. perforated stamps of setting 1. Such covers are rare and the 5 images I have in my archive show covers used at Lhasa only.

Could it be that the 4 tr. perforated stamps of setting 1 were used at Lhasa only? Of course, the 4 tr. rate was introduced in the 1940th only so it could be that the stamps were kept at Lhasa since after they were issued in 1933 there was no use for them, forgotten, and later on found again and used at Lhasa.

Edited by administrator - 27 October 2012 at 3:24pm
Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2014 at 5:13pm

I have now 5 covers in my collection, franked with the 4 Tr. issue 1933, Setting 1, perforated. All used in Lhasa.

I have 2 Clichés Nos on cover duplicated. If some member here interested in a swap?

Can offer Cliché 2 and 5 on cover and would need all except Cliché 2, 5 and 11 (11 I must reconfirm, as I am not sure but it is form the bottom row of the sheet...).

Edited by Rainer - 25 January 2014 at 5:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic