Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Tibet > Tibet Postmarks and Postal History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Tibet Post Office at Mount Everest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Tibet Post Office at Mount Everest
    Posted: 04 July 2008 at 2:48pm
Have recently become aware of a new Post Office in Tibet set up in May 2001 in the Rongbuk Valley  at the base camp for Mount Everest. At 17,000 feet it is claimed to be the worlds highest Post Office. It apparently opens at 11am every day from April to August and costs 3 yuan (c43 US cents) to send a letter to Beijing, and 9 yuan (c1.35 US dollars) to send aletter to England.
My questions are:   1. Has anyone seen any postal items from this Post Office ?
                                2. Where can I obtain an example (other than going there!) ?
Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 5:45am
Dear Brian,

i feel that is a question which a China Collector can answer..., maybe you can check with the:
China Philatelic Society of London!
or:
The China Stamp Society inc., USA

In any case, if you receive an answer form the mentioned societies, kindly post that reply also here.
Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 1:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic