Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Iraq Railway stamps from the 1920th and onwards > Iraq Railway stamps from the 1920th and onwards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ghuchan, Location of this railway station

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ghuchan, Location of this railway station
    Posted: 04 December 2007 at 3:11am
Based on the railway maps I have received over the time I can now confirm that this station was (and still is) located between Hillah and Diwaniyah
For details, please visit my web page for Iraq Railways (Ghuchan page).
Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 4:55am

Ghuchan, (Kojan), maybe also spelled Qochan, Quchan or Guchan. The location of this halt is not yet clear for me. Despite so many efforts taken by me, the location is not yet confirmed. I have 2 different locations for this.  
I have received reliable information that Ghuchan was between Tuz Khurmati and Kirkuk, about 20 KM before Kirkuk. Nowadays, Ghuchan is integrated into Kirkuk. Is someone having an old detailed map showing Ghuchan which would manifest this information?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic