Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Tibet > Literature
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

China-Tibet Postal Historical questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: China-Tibet Postal Historical questions
    Posted: 30 August 2014 at 6:01pm
Greetings,

some time ago I first studied the Part 3 of Fortune Wang's books on the Tibet History and Postal History a bit in more depth, and, also only Part 3 as this is the Area I collect.
I do not like to criticise the one sided political view indicated, there are always 2 sides of the story.

What i am surprised is that Fortune mentioned several items which may be groundbreaking, however, no first hand proof was supplied, only quotes or sources

Therefore me question here, does any member have first hand proofs or information where i can inquire about them?

Quote of Fortune Wangs book:
It is a very rare literature in the history on Tibet setting up local post office and issuing stamps. The Philately Society of Tibet invites Don Dunduicini, vice chairman of People's Consultative Conference of Lhasa City to translate the original into Chinese as follows:
Questions:
    Who is this Gentleman Don Dunduicini?
    What and where is "The Philately Society of Tibet"?
    Who aside of the The Philately Society of Tibet has copies of these documents mentioned?

Quote of Fortune Wangs book
The brief news in Indian Pioneer Newspaper on June 6 (1912) reported:
"Recently, there have been various stamps of the first version designed by Dalai Lama with different colors. It is reported that these are the testing stamps (proofs) issued after the exile of Dalai Lama to Darjeeling." Thus we can see clearly that, the first printing of Tibetan stamps had been printed out as proofs before June 6, 1912, but these stamps had not been sent to each post office for sale before July 30.
Question:
    Who has a copy of that newspaper/article/clipping?

All the above postal routes are recognized by the Tibetan Philately Society and included in the book titled Chinese Tibetan Stamp and Postal History. The stamp collectors can compare these four postal routes to the postal route map shown in Exhibition Page 596 of this Chapter.
Questions
    What book is that? Any information on it is appreciated.

The Tibetan Historical Archive....
Question:
    What Archive is that? Where is it? Contact details?

According to the research of the late philatelic scholar Mr. Li Dong-yuan,
Question:
    Who was the late philatelic scholar Mr. Li Dong-yuan and his book Tibetan Stamps & Coins Research

In Chinese Tibetan Postal and Stamp History by Tibetan Autonomous Philately Association
Question:
    Who knows this society and have contact details?

On May 23, 1950, the Tibet local government and the P. R. of Chinese government signed 17-Article Peace Agreement in Beijing to liberate Tibet peacefully. After that, Tibet was formally brought into Chinese territory as a region of Chinese government. Then Lhasa Post & Tele. Office of P.R. of Chinese Posts was set up on July 1, 1952.
Question:
    What Peace Treaty was this???

While i did not wanted to comment on the political statement of the book, the last one may be seen as political but since it is related to the Postal System i cannot avoid mentioning it.

Maybe some Chinese members can provide some answers to me questions?

Kind regards
Rainer Fuchs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic