FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Royal Visits in Nepal from 1876

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Leo View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 12:24am
I think it is an incoming cover to the camp while the Prince of Wales was in attendance.  Great find.  I have the better of the two covers sent from the camp and will post a scan as soon as I can get the cover out of my safe deposit box. 

Leo Martyn
Ed Gosnell View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Gosnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 2:51am
I have recently obtained a cover which I believe is associated with the 1876 British Royal Hunt in Nepal.  According to Dr. Hellrigl, the British Prince of Wales joined Prime Minister Jang Bahadur on a two week hunt from February 20 to March 5, 1876.  Only two covers each bearing Dr. Hellrigl's B75 duplex cancel are known from the camp.  Both are dated February 24.  My cover (shown below) was sent to the camp from Rajputana and has a first arrival camp postmark dated February 25.  Am I correct in assuming that this cover is genuine and a new discovery?  Any comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ed Gosnell

Ed Gosnell
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic