Rainer's Stamp Corner  

Forum Home Forum Home > Tibet > Issue 1933
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 Tr. red imperforated - Event Date: 08 May 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexquek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2 Tr. red imperforated
    Posted: 08 May 2014 at 3:06pm
Hello All Members,

I need your help to expertise this block of 7 of 2 Trangka red imperforated whether is genuine or not?

Any other information provided is very much appreciated as I am a newbie Smile!

Is this a 1934 issue on heavy toned native paper?

Best regards
Alex Quek
Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 3:23pm
Easy answer.., thats a fake block
alexquek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexquek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 5:42am
Dear Rainer,

Thank you for your quick answer! Can you please give me a few pointers why you say that this block is fake? We can then learn from you.
Best regards
Alex Quek
Rainer View Drop Down
NTPSC Member
NTPSC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 11:05am

Dear Alex,

i do not track the forgeries which set of the known forgeries they are. If you compare the fake ones with a genuine sheet of the same value you will easily spot the differences. The stamps of the issue  have been printed in sheets of 12, formed by 12 individually carved clichés so every stamp looks slightly different

In addition, due to the individual carved clichés which were bound together, the space between the stamps are different.

Here you will find sheets of the 2 Tr. settings...

Setting 1

Setting 2

alexquek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexquek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 7:21am
Dear Rainer,

Thank you for your reply and information!

I saw that the stamp in my block is quite close to stamps in your blocks. Of course the position of stamps are different in the sheet. Could this block be contemporary fake made for use at that time? One can see that it was cut for use.
Best regards
Alex Quek
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic